The eleventh and twelfth grade classes in the academic track (Gymnasium) at the Ernst-Reuter School are conducted according to the directives of the International Baccalaureate® Organization (IBO). A student who completes the IB diploma programme qualifies for acceptance at many tertiary institutions, including German ones. Students graduating the German school find themselves on a path for a successful future. They are prepared for life in an international field and have an ideal foundation for academic study and high-level employment. German, biology and history are taught in German. English and maths, are taught in academic-level English, as is the elective, physics. Spanish (‘ab initio’) or French can be taken as elective foreign language classes. The core of the IB programme are the CAS (‘creativity, activity, science’) and TOK (‘theory of knowledge’) courses, along with an Extended Essay, which is a 4000-word research paper.
Our school offers special courses that prepare students for the transition from secondary level I to the IB diploma programme and its scientific-method-based learning methodology. These preparatory courses, our experience of presenting the programme since 2002 and the professional classroom presentation of our teaching staff has resulted in the IB graduates from our school regularly rating above average among IB graduates worldwide.
We provide insight into the business world various means, such as opportunities to consult with a counsellor from the German Federal Agency for Labour, parents coming and speaking about their jobs, as well as one-week work experience programs with various companies or institutions in Ankara. The students are also regularly provided with information about the various educational systems in German and international universities.
In addition to this, we provide the students with the opportunity to visit various German universities through a study trip to Germany.
Dr Onur and Ms Ahmad
Benefits of the Multi-lingual International Baccalaureate Programme at the ERS:
- Direct access to tertiary institutions in Germany due to official recognition by The Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs.
- Internationally recognized matriculation for acceptance to tertiary institutions worldwide.
- Excellent preparation for higher fields of study.
- Provides a high level knowledge of the German and English languages.
- Provides a competitive advantage in Germany.
- Small study groups
- Teachers work closely with the students.
- High quality study and career advice.
- Attendance of MUN/EYP
- The results of ERS graduates lie within or above the international average.
- Social and individual learning (including CAS)
- Scientific methodology (Essays, G4 Project etc.)
- Critical thinking (TOK)
|Date:||13. December 2018|
|Date:||25. March 2019|